Name: Tom Rogers
Position/Title: Engineering, Product Development, Innovations, Specializing in rear shocks, dampers and air spring designs.
- High School Diploma
- I’ve been involved in the MTB business since 1986, 27+ years
- Co-inventor of TPC
- Inventor of TPC+
- Head technician and test rider on all Swinger rear shocks
- Co-Inventor of TPC Lock-out
- Test rider and suspension technician at Answer Products for 10 years
- Lead suspension tuner Answer Products – 1994 – 2003
- Test rider, product innovator and suspension technician at Marzocchi USA for 9 years
- Inventor of Roco WC Coil shocks 2005 – 2012
- Product innovator on all ROCO rear shocks 2005 – 2012
- Mountain Bike Hall of Fame Nominee
Nick Name: Soulrider, TR
Years working in the Bike/Suspension Industry: 19 years
Biggest contribution to the bike world :
- Innovated, tested and developed new suspension designs from the beginning
- Professional MTB racer and role model from 1987 – 1995
- Tuned suspension for numberous National and World Champions spanning over 19 years.
Most complicated project been involved in
- Rear Air shocks
- Lock outs, front and rear
What gets you off about mountain bike suspension?
- Riding a new design.
- Experience to make it better and sharing that with everyone.
Greatest biking accomplishment(s)
- 2nd World Cup XC – 1991 – France
- 2nd World Cup XC – 1991 – Park City
- 1st National DH – 1991 – Durango, Colorado
- 10th Overall National DH Series Overall – 1990
- 10th Overall National XC Series Overall – 1990
- 10th Overall National XC Series Overall – 1991
- 12th National DH Series Overall – 1991
- 15th World Cup XC Series Overall – 1991
- 8th World Championships XC – 1990
- 8th World Championships DH – 1990
- 3rd World Championships HC – 1990
- 8th World Championships XC (Vet) – 1997
- 2nd 12 hours of Big Bear – 1997
- 3rd Dodge 150 – 1989
- Averaged 18.5mph for 162miles, 9.5 hrs solo.
- Averaging over 20mph, solo century.
- Climbed all but 3-14,000 feet peaks on the West Coast
- Rock climbed at 5.12yds
- Ran a 4:10 mile
Best bike ever owned: SC Blur LTC
Current stable of bikes:
- SC Blur LTC
- SC Tallboy
- Ibis HD
- Ibis Mojo
- Scott Addict
- 1990 GT Zixang
- 1988 Curtlo Predator
- 2000 Schwinn Stingray
#1 riding spot in the world: Whistler, Switerland, Italy, Downieville…. There’s just too many to pick just one.
Favorite food to eat after serious day of shredding: Alaskan Salmon
Favorite Beer: Stone IPA, New Belgium Ranger IPA, Wolf Creek IPA…there’s just too many to pick just one.
How do you like ur coffee/java: a little cream please
How many times have you attended to interbike: 25 years
Favorite Idol and why: Greg Lemond – He was winning the Tour de France (3 times) when I was racing mtb’s full time. I inspired me to win.
Best mtn biker of all time: John Tomac
Personal or favorite quote: I asked the question, “How do you get sponsored?” He answered, “Win races” – John Tomac (Big Bear South, 1987) I went on to win that race as an expert and I got sponsored from 1987 – 1995.
It’s better to have been a has been than a never was.